The guide is currently available as a Google Doc. It is a work in progress — we keep adding to it as we learn. You can contribute by adding comments (Insert > Comment), ideas, and questions. We especially need:
- To know where the guide is not clear — only your questions will tell us this!
- Examples from outside of the United States
This guide is adapted and remixed from the Spitfire Strategies Just Enough Planning Guide: A Roadmap to Help Nonprofits Reach Their Campaign Goals, published in 2008. Key changes include:
- Adding content and tips about data and data visualizations
- Adapting for an international audience — editing out idiomatic language and making references to the political system more general, where possible
- Updating examples (not done yet; you’ll see those are in grey)